(an easy cannabis-infused recipe)
by Chef Kristopher Nelson, Hippos Chesterfield Assistant Manager
Note: Cannabis Butter can take up to 4 hours to make. Please allow proper time for yourself during all recipes. Looking for a cannabutter recipe? Here is an easy-to-follow cannabis-infused butter recipe on Leafly.
- Texas Toast or Brioche
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 4-5 tablespoons cannabutter
- 4 –5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt to taste
- Confectioners sugar or powdered sugar
- Fruit & berries for topping
- Lightly butter the baking tray using non-infused butter.
- Each slice of bread should be at least ¾ inches thick. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl, cream the two kinds of butter until they are thoroughly combined.
- Spread butter on one side of each of the 8 slices of bread. Then arrange these 8 slices, butter side up, into the greased baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, maple syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk the ingredients till they are blended together.
- Soak the bread by allowing the slices to sit in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the soaked bread slices onto the baking tray.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the top of the toast is golden brown.
- Dust the finished toast with powdered sugar, berries, syrup, and start your day!
Consumption Tip: I would always caution do not overdose yourself. You may not feel it after the first bite, or even within the first hour. Onset consumption may last up to six hours. Consume with caution. For the more experienced infused eater, increase your own tolerance level. There is a dosing chart on Elevate Holistics https://elevate-holistics.com/ if you have questions.