Cannabis Hot Chocolate
(an easy cannabis-infused recipe)
by Chef Kristopher Nelson, Hippos Chesterfield Assistant Manager
Note: Decarbing ground cannabis in the oven prior to making this recipe takes about 35 minutes.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey’s brand is the Chef’s Preference)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 0.5-1.0g of ground decarbed cannabis (Don’t know what ground decarbed cannabis is? Read the what and how here in the Hippos Cannabis Glossary.)
- 3-5 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Mint leaf (additional for garnish)
- Strainer/ Cheesecloth
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, add milk, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, ground decarbed cannabis, and vanilla extract. (Don’t know what ground decarbed cannabis is? Read the what and how here in the Hippos Cannabis Glossary.)
- Whisk well until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Heat slowly, stirring occasionally. Milk should never reach a boil. (Target temperature is 180 degrees).
- Strain mixture so no particles are in the beverage
- Pour into a festive mug, top with a mint leaf, and enjoy!
Serve and Enjoy!
Consumption Tip: I would always caution do not overdose yourself. You may not feel it after the first bite, or even within the first hour. Onset consumption may last up to six hours. Consume with caution. For the more experienced infused eater, increase your own tolerance level. There is a dosing chart on Elevate Holistics https://elevate-holistics.com/ if you have questions.