Egg Nog aka Nug Nog
(an easy cannabis-infused recipe)
by Chef Kristopher Nelson, Hippos Chesterfield Assistant Manager
Note: Cannabis Butter can take up to 4 hours to make. Please allow proper time for yourself during all recipes. Looking for a cannabutter recipe? Here is an easy-to-follow cannabis-infused butter recipe on Leafly.
- 2 cups of milk (whole)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3-5 egg yolks
- 3-4 tablespoons of cannabutter (use Sundro Jelly Rancher in cannabutter recipe)
- ½ cup of white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and nutmeg (combined for topping)
- Salt to taste
- Optional ingredient: 2 ounces of bourbon (for when the holiday season becomes a bit crowded)
- In an electric mixer, beat the yolks until they are white, (keep running).
- Add sugar, let the sugar dissolve before the next step (set aside 2-3 tablespoons)
- Add cream, cannabutter, vanilla, cinnamon. Keep mixing until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat egg whites. Keep beating until you see soft peaks.
- Add rest of sugar and beat until stiff.
- Stir both mixtures until mixed well.
- Refrigerate and chill.
Serve and Enjoy!
Consumption Tip: I would always caution do not overdose yourself. You may not feel it after the first bite, or even within the first hour. Onset consumption may last up to six hours. Consume with caution. For the more experienced infused eater, increase your own tolerance level. There is a dosing chart on Elevate Holistics https://elevate-holistics.com/ if you have questions.