Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Spice
(an easy cannabis-infused recipe)
by Chef Kristopher Nelson, Hippos Chesterfield Assistant Manager
Note: Cannabis Butter can take up to 4 hours to make. Please allow proper time for yourself during all recipes. Looking for a cannabutter recipe? Here is an easy-to-follow cannabis-infused butter recipe on Leafly.
- 1 premade pie crust
- 2-3 large eggs
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 can evaporate milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons of cannabutter (see above note)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and combine all sugars until texture becomes light and airy
- Add cannabis butter, pumpkin puree, condensed milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix well!
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Place in oven (center rack).
- Bake until done (60 minutes). Pie will rise while it bakes and settles in the cooling phase.
- Top with whipped cream dollops, cut into 8 pieces, and enjoy Happy Holidaze!
Consumption Tip: I would always caution do not overdose yourself. You may not feel it after the first bite, or even within the first hour. Onset consumption may last up to six hours. Consume with caution. For the more experienced infused eater, increase your own tolerance level. There is a dosing chart on Elevate Holistics https://elevate-holistics.com/ if you have questions.